PRAYER FOR PERSECUTED CHURCH
“Remember those in prison, as if you were there yourself. Remember also those being maltreated, as though you felt their pain in their bodies’
– Heb 13:3 (NLT)
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.”
– Romans 12:12-14 (NIV)
Though November 1 & 8 declared International Day Of Prayer for the Persecuted Church is past yet we must never fail to weep on the altar of prayer for, and with our persecuted brethren.
Global Statistics show that Christians are the most marginalized & persecuted group in the world today.
– 80% of all persecuted worldwide are Christians.
– More than 100 million Christians face persecution daily in more than 60 countries.
– In 41 of the 50 worst nations for persecution, Christians are being persecuted by Islamic extremists.
– An average of 180 Christians are killed monthly for their faith.
Can we be silent at such a reality? What can you do for the persecuted church? If you can’t visit to encourage them or give financially to support them or provide structures to advocate for them; at least you can raise your voice to pray for them. THIS IS THE LEAST WE CAN DO!
When your life is over, heaven won’t applaud you for how best you dressed or how nice your car was; heaven will remember you for what you did for the Suffering Church.
SO DON’T BE LEFT OUT!
We have dedicated this week to pray for & make spiritual warfare over the Persecuted Church. CAN YOU JOIN US?
Whether in Syria, India, Egypt or Nigeria, the spate of bodily attacks on God’s children is on the increase. According to Christianity Today (CT):
?”the number of martyrdoms doubled in 2013…
?”Researchers calculate that 4,344 Christians were killed for faith related reasons in 2014 which is more than double the 2,123 killed in 2013, and more than triple the 1,201 killed the year before that…
So let us not be silent but cry out in prayer of deliverance to God for all persecuted saints and fellow Christ followers the world over.
PRAYER FOCUS: North Korea
?”Holding for the 13th year as the worst place for Christians to live is North Korea, where ‘Open Doors’ reports up to 7,000 Christians are held in prison camps for their faith…’ (According to @christianitytoday.com)
LET’S PRAY FOR NORTH KOREA TODAY
?Pray for a softening of the governments’ policy toward Christians.
?Pray for the 7,000 plus Christians languishing in jail. Pray for their release, for inner strength & for the joy of the Lord.
?Pray specifically for South Korean Baptist missionary- Kim Jong Uk- who’s in prison after receiving a life sentencing this June.
?Pray for safety & protection of the underground Church.
?Pray for a rapid growth of the gospel despite the heightening persecution.
In Jesus Name, we ask,
1. Lord please help all persecuted saints to maintain joy in the face of their persecutions.That they count it all joy!
2. Lord please help all persecuted saints to be patient in the midst of their tribulation and affliction.
3. Lord, please grant them strength in their innermost being to be constant in prayer and continue to look up to God for their deliverance inspite of the hazards to their lives.
4. Lord, please grant that they be not bitter against their persecutors but rather forgiving just as the Lord was to His own persecutor.
All these we ask in Jesus Name!