We are so glad to have you visit our website! While you’re here, allow us to share with you a bit about The Capstone – our mission, our core values and other titbits that would interest you.
The Capstone is a family where caring, belonging, sharing and growing together is of paramount importance. We believe that together we can change the culture for the better.
Our Church office and Auditorium is at Capstone Resource Center, CRC, The Place, 19b/25, McEwen Street, off Herbert Macaulay Street, Alagomeji-Sabo, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria.
We are in Yaba, the district where there is now a growing number of established tech companies all around.
We are in Yaba, where brilliant young people are being prepared not only to compete for opportunities in the years ahead but to build the companies that will transform Africa.
We are situated in an inner city location that is central and where accommodation is much more affordable.
We are in the heart of Lagos, the city that never sleeps!
We really do look forward to meeting you in person some day soon and welcome you to a life-changing experience.
Our name “The Capstone” really does speak for itself / reveal our identity.
Capstone (also known as Cornerstone or Headstone) means:
1. Highpoint or something considered the highest achievement or most important action
in a series of actions. Also referred to as “last stone”. Literally, a stone used at the top of a wall or another structure.
2. Used by Christ to show that which initially was rejected and despised but eventually becomes
the central point of influence.
” Two distinct features when you look at our logo are the stones and the color. These are a deliberate part of our identity because they tell our story ”
‘Stones’ (connecting together) stands for interconnection, interdependence, and covenant
‘Colour Green’ (used for the lettering) stands for the newness of life and a promising future.
To Mentor, Train and sending out Kingdom class Leaders
To mentor, train and send out excellent, Bible-based, kingdom-class leaders to the world. We will change the culture for the better.
OUR PURPOSE SCRIPTURE – Zechariah 4:6-7
So he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel:
‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty.
“What are you, O mighty mountain? Before Zerubbabel, you will become level ground.
Then he will bring out the capstone to shouts of ‘God bless it! God bless it!'” – New International Version (NIV)
1. To establish and assist others to establish, at least one effective and governmental territorial church in some major cities of the world
2. To provide mentorship opportunities in all aspects of human discipline enabling us to invade the marketplace and aggressively establish kingdom businesses and institutions.
3. To build a network of church and kingdom leaders who share our concepts and ideas thereby creating synergy.
TENET OF FAITH: OUR BELIEF
In The Capstone(Church Without Walls) We Believe :
- That the Bible is the inspired, inerrant word of God.
- In One God, eternally existent as Three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- That Jesus Christ is the true God and true man, conceived of the Holy Ghost, born of the virgin Mary:
- That He died on the Cross and shed His Blood as the sacrifice for our sin; that on the third day, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and is now seated at the right hand of the Father in the Majestic Glory.
- That man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin, and can be justified only by grace through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- In the personal, literal Second Coming of our Lord Jesus Christ to judge both the living and the dead.
- In everlasting blessedness for the believer, judgment and eternal punishment for the unbeliever.
- In the baptism of Holy Spirit with speaking in tongues, in Divine Healing and in the gifts, fruit and anointed ministries of the Holy Ghost.
- That the gifts of the Holy Ghost are given to every believer; need to be stirred up and exercised to fulfill their God-given purposes of blessing the body of Christ and reaching the nations for Christ.
- In the full function of the five-fold ministry or governmental office gifts viz: Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor and Teacher, given to perfect and equip the saints so they can enter into the work of their ministries; thereby edifying the whole body of Christ.
- That the Church is God’s instrument to establish and extend God’s kingdom until the literal coming of Christ to rule and reign over all the earth.
- That world evangelism is a mandate of God for all Spirit-filled believers and not just for a select few called ‘clergy’.
- That the mandate of dominion was lost by the first Adam(man) through willful sin but has since been restored to man through the second Adam, Christ Jesus.
- In Body Ministry and teamwork expressed through contributions that each component part of the Body of Christ makes to produce the whole.