Oasis of Encouragement
“But encourage one another daily as long as it is called ‘Today,’ so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness”
– Hebrews 3:13 (NIV)
The Bible calls us to encourage one another, which is an active, ongoing obligation during times of challenge, stress, and even just everyday living. Consider how widely encouragement is urged and reported in Scripture:
– God to Moses: “Encourage [Joshua], because he will lead Israel” (Deuteronomy 1:38).
– Soldiers in the midst of battle: “The Israelites encouraged one another” (Judges 20:22).
– Josiah to the priests: “[Josiah] appointed the priests to their duties and encouraged them in the service of the Lord’s temple” (2 Chronicles 35:2).
– Paul and Silas to the early church: “After Paul and Silas came out of the prison, they went to Lydia’s house, where they met with the brothers and encouraged them” (Acts 16:40).
– Paul to the disciples: “When the uproar had ended, Paul sent for the disciples and, after encouraging them, said goodbye and set out for Macedonia” (Acts 20:1).
Yet, in our selfish humanness, instead of thinking about encouraging, we may be tempted to ask if we’re being encouraged.
In fact, I’ll bet there are many who, after reading the quoted verses, may even have thought, “Why doesn’t anyone talk to me like that?” instead of asking, “Do I encourage anyone like that?”
Beloved, go ahead today and encourage others, it might just be what will keep them going.
In Jesus Name I declare my mouth will encourage others especially my spouse, Comfort from my lips will bring healing and relief to all that come in contact with me today. Help me Dear God, to make my life relationships an oasis of encouragement indeed. Amen.